Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Walk on the Beaches ...

.
Midwinter. 25 degrees in the sun. A perfect day for a wee stroll to the beaches. Chuckle. It's not too much of a hike ....

Here's my Winter Palace ..


No, not all of it! I'm nicely snuggled on the ground floor, behind the palm-trees, out of the sometimes spicy sea-breezes. 


Anyway, come out the gate, and this is what you see. The back-door beach is not far away!


Convent Beach (where, yes, there was actually once a convent) is down there ... so we started with it.



Then a stroll across the little headland to Pippi Beach (I didn't see any pippis, so I don't know how it got its name) ...


From Pippi, we could look across the bay to yesterday's walk ...


Right out there, in the middle of the sea, we were ...  and so was he!



After the climb back up from the beaches, the traditional pause at a well-placed bench ...


I have been here before. On my inaugural visit to the Palace ...   oh dear, I was an awful lot slimmer four years ago! I have been eating too many lotuses ...  same shirt, less shape ...


Sigh, pass me another lotus, Beulah ...

No comments: