Friday, March 15, 2024

Goodbye, dear old friends ... or, Picassi venditi ..

 

Facebook. Post ...

GOODBYE FAITHFUL OLD FRIENDS ....

For fifty years and more I've lived with three lovely pieces of Picasso pottery, bought by Ian from the artist himself in Vallauris in the 1950s. They have travelled from Nice to Mayfair to St Paul de Vence to my farmlet in New Zealand .. and survived unscathed ... the cats have been very courteous to them .. but ... I suddenly had an urge to part with them. They really don't belong in a Kiwi farmhouse. And all Kiwis are suffering from the deprivation willed on us by the Witch of the South, the Baroness Ardern. So I took my whisky in my hand and sent off an email. Thus, today an Art Courier collects the family treasures and takes them to Auckland, where they will be auctioned ... 

Gone.

Kevin the art transporter came with his huge lorry, stuffed with artwork, and loads of bubblewrap and I poured another whisky ...



And now they have gone. To a new home ... for their next half-century ...




ChiQi with Plums and Picassi  2007


No comments: