Monday, January 8, 2024

The ones you love ... and grand food.

 

We don't lunch out often out very often in New Zealand. Truthfully, Wendy's home cooking is heaps better than what you get in most restaurants. I found one beauty in Christchurch, but driving 50km for lunch when there's a farm and animals to be cared for .... not really on.

I also don't often get my two partners together in the same place, at the same time (Wendy lives here, but Paulie is in Berlin!) ... especially on a glorious sunny day ... with the Lemon Grass restaurant just reopened for 2024.

We did it. A beautifully lightly cooked Thai luncheon served in a superb setting under the hazelnut trees. And not another person within coo-ee. It couldn't have been more perfect!


We had vegetarian spring rolls to begin with. Thin rice paper bullets stuffed with bamboo shoots, coriander and all sorts. I meant to photograph it: they looked so picturesque, lined up on the serving board. But I ate them (with help) instead ...

Then I had a delicious Tom Yum soup with prawns ...


While the others got into the serious stuff ..




Oh, I wasn't being modest. I knew I'd end up with three kinds of leftovers!  That is a lot of food ... hehe!

And we ALL managed dessert! Paulie and I wisely shared a brownie which was baked while we waited. Thanks to the hazelnut trees, we weren't baked too!


We certainly won't leave it as long again before once more visiting the folks at Lemon Grass ...

It's only 12 minutes from Sefton ...

When you come to the end of a perfect day ...

What's that? Vinho verde and nibbles at 5pm.  Looks like the day isn't over yet!


No comments: