Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Wednesday morning is Yamba Farmers' Market.

 

An event in every week!

Early to bed, up at 6am to get my mail, the French Open, ebay et al done ... then 7.15am up, then down the Yambanite hill to the coast (on my ever-improving legs!) and our wonderful market. This week, friends Robert and Louis, who live on the topmost reaches of the lighthouse hill, were joining me for the shopping jaunt and the first-class coffee of the Clarence Catering Co. They have a motor car, so that meant I could buy up large on weighty things like Kelvin's superlative potatoes and the locally squeezed milk from Clarence Valley Dairies ...


Meat straight from the farmers, home-cured bacon, home-smoked salmon and trout, blueberries ... I have to stop myself from buying more than enough for 1 person/week! So this week, skip the regular supersized avocados, the dozen varieties of sourdough bread ... oh dear, the chicken-liver lady is having this week off ... perhaps just as well

My edible trove ...

Nice chat with my fellow 'regulars' over coffee ... no hurry .. Robert is buying glorious orchids from Peter the orchid man ... I will buy one next week ... they really are beautiful!

Sigh, I do miss Emilio and his wonderful cheeses from my New Zealandish market, and it's sad there is no fresh fish stall, but otherwise Yamba market is perfection!


Shopping and coffee done we drove back to my place to unload ... and I happened to mention the sea-storms of two days ago, and the driftwood they had thrown up ... Robert is creating gardens at his new Mansion on the Mount, so we popped down to Main Beach and fell upon some decorative pieces ... 


Home by 9.30am, and ready to start the working day. But, first, what out of my shopping bag shall I have for brunch ..





No comments: