Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The former ages of Gänzl (illustrated)

.
Today, I was asked for pictures of myself as a young man.

Well, I've looked and I've looked but I haven't got many. Funny that. I suppose in my mother's things, on the other side of the world in New Zealand, there are heaps. But I didn't have camera until digitalia came in, so other people's snaps are all there are.  So, here they are. Firstly, my beloved Ian and I in France. We lived many happy years there ..


And here we are, lolling on the mini-lawn at my house in Rothwell .... that's my father in the middle, so I guess its mid-to-late 1970s.



Here are a couple from even earlier, my days on the dear old Northern Star. That must be about 1972. Which makes me twenty-six.  Tiens, over forty years ago ...



Goodness, I wonder where Sarah and Joan and Linda and Josie are forty years on! And who took these pictures ...

Ah well, I'll have a look next time I'm in New Zealand ...

Hey, I was quite cute, wasn't I  :-)

Post scriptum: I found this. I didn't remember I had it. My whole young (love) life in one picture. Alison (here in the later stages of MS) who was succeeded in my life by Ian ...


Sigh. Is it good to look back? Ian has been dead seven and a half years this week. Ali much, much longer....



No comments: